PLEASE CALL FOR DETAILS
LET THERE BE LIGHT
11 Katrine Street, Floreat
Mid-century inspiration and family friendly design combine masterfully to create a modernist home with architectural flair and powerful contemporary functionality.
Created by modernist architect Joe Chindarsi and a finalist in the AIA Architectural Awards, the home is generously proportioned and designed to accommodate the needs of a growing family with a versatile flexible layout. Combining a perfect harmony of zoned living with integrated areas that bring the family together for entertaining and relaxing whilst also providing space for study, sleep and solitude the home offers the perfect harmony for family life.
Designed to embrace the natural surrounds and bring the light and life in, the home captures the northern light, glorious summer breezes and sublime tranquillity. Striking elements like a suspended retro fireplace, copper front door and entry canopy combine with stone, steel, glass and timber to accent mid-century style.
The glorious open plan living spaces, with soaring skillion ceiling and northern highlight windows, opens out effortlessly to the fabulous outdoor entertaining space to offer the best of Perth's contemporary indoor/outdoor lifestyle.
The sleek and superbly appointed kitchen features a 3.5m waterfall stone bench with Queensland walnut veneer which is perfect for casual seating. The white cabinetry and a stunning burnt orange splashback, with a gorgeous reflection to the world, makes the kitchen not only a superbly practical space but also a striking element in the home. A full suite of Miele and Siemens appliances, large pantry and plenty of prep space makes entertaining and cooking a dream.
The parents wing of the home is a haven of privacy and tranquillity. The large master bedroom's wall of sliding doors opens out directly to the pool for midnight skinny dips and superb vistas. There is also a huge dressing room and elegant en-suite with glorious bathtub and double shower. An additional room in this wing of the home offers a versatile space that could be used as a parent's retreat, nursery, home office or 5th bedroom.
On the opposite side of the home is the children wings with three bedrooms, all with built in robes, bathroom with big bathtub and large open plan study, ideal for supervising homework.
Outside, the huge alfresco is the perfect spot to entertain friends and family whilst keeping an eye on the kids in the pool. A full outdoor kitchen with built-in stainless-steel BBQ and dishwasher connects to a fully self-contained studio with en-suite. The fully reticulated garden is low maintenance yet with plenty of space for the kids and to enjoy your produce from the vegi patch, blueberry bushes, olive, macadamia nut and citrus trees.
Exclusively located in one of Floreat's most loved streets, this home is for those who appreciate architectural brilliance and ease of living without compromising on space, functionality and style.
FEATURES YOU WILL LOVE:
• Nestled on large 931 sqm of land
• Architecturally designed, bespoke build
• Solar passive design
• Lounge with original 60's suspended fireplace and spotted gum feature wooden screen
• Open plan living/dining/kitchen and kids play zone opening out to rear yard, pool and alfresco
• State of the art kitchen with European appliances including Miele oven, Siemens gas cook top, two fully integrated Miele dishwashers, Schweigen undermount rangehood, Caesar stone bench tops, large breakfast bar, two pack cabinetry
• Deluxe, private adults wing with large master bedroom opening out to pool and with private dressing room
• Luxurious en-suite with double shower, bath, double hand basin, underfloor heating, heated towel rail and Caesar stone vanity
• Adults wing also contains parent's retreat, bedroom 5 or nursery
• Children's wing contains 3 bedrooms all with built in robes, bathroom with bath and open plan study area with built in cabinetry in Queensland walnut veneer
• Separate studio connected undercover to main house and opening out to the alfresco. Ideal for guests, teenagers or as a kid's hangout. Own bathroom and separate storeroom.
• Superb alfresco with outdoor stainless-steel kitchen. Electrolux built in BBQ, Schweigen undermount rangehood, dishwasher and sink with hot water. Jarrah lined ceiling
• Below ground concrete swimming pool utilising Enviroswim filtration system for chlorine free, fresh-water swimming. In-floor cleaning system, Titanium pool heater, double swimming jets, water feature and built in pool blanket.
• Limestone marble flooring inside and out. Underfloor heating to main living zones.
• Full ducted reverse cycle air -conditioning
• LED lighting throughout including LED strip lighting to work areas
• Architectural shadow lining cornicing
• Commercial grade windows and glass doors. Highlight windows with electric multi winders
• Comfort plus glass throughout for thermal insulation.
• Keyless front entry, alarm system
• Double garage with direct keyless entry to home
• Full reticulated low maintenance gardens with mature trees including olive, blueberry, macadamia nut and citrus
• Data points throughout, NBN available
• Integrated sound system inside and out
• Gorgeous secluded family friendly street with views to Wembley Golf course
• Located in Churchlands Primary and Churchlands High School catchment
• Stone's throw to Hale School bus and St Mary's bus
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
• Local Authority – Town of Cambridge
• Zoned R12.5
• Shire Rates – $3,096 pa
• Water Rates – $1,310.04 pa
Read more »